Vintage 2022 Cellar Hands
Company: Waimea Estates
Uploaded: 27 August 2021
Closes: 27 September 2021
Waimea Estates is located on the Waimea Plains and produces premium Sauvignon Blanc, along with a range of aromatics including Riesling, Gewürztraminer, Gruner Veltliner, Pinot Gris and Albariño from our vineyards. Also in the Nelson region, our Gravity Winery located on the Moutere Hills is a gravity-fed facility with a focus on producing premium Pinot Noir and Chardonnay, with fruit from both our own local vineyards and our Central Otago wine company Bannock Brae.
Waimea and Gravity are part of Booster Wine Group which is a collection of NZ wineries including Awatere River Wine Company, Bannock Brae and Sileni Wines. Booster, through it’s Booster Tahi investment arm, is making significant investments in New Zealand’s agricultural business including avocados, kiwi fruit, and through investments in the wine industry.
We are now recruiting for our 2022 vintage crew and are looking for skilled press operators, cellar hands and a laboratory technician.
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Previous winery vintage experience – not essential, as full training is provided
- Can-do attitude and good level of fitness
- Attention to detail
- Appetite for hard work
- Ability to work well with others as part of a team
Benefits and Culture:
- Competitive wage rate
- Shift meal provided
- Accommodation and Wine Allowance
- Increase your knowledge of Wine
We can offer you variety, exposure to numerous aspects of the winemaking process, and the opportunity to be part of a close-knit, friendly team who are dedicated to producing quality wines.
The vintage will start in early-March and run for 6-8 weeks depending on harvest conditions. Longer contracts may be available for experienced applicants. During the peak of harvest, staff will be required to work up to a 12-hour shift, on either a day or night team, for 6-7 days per week. A daily vintage meal will be provided over this peak harvest period.
If this sounds like you please forward a CV, contact details for 2 referees, and a covering letter outlining any relevant experience to Shona Kelly via the ‘Apply Now’ button.
Overseas applicants must be able to obtain a Working Holiday visa allowing them to work legally in New Zealand.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Nelson wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.