Harvest Team - 2022
Company: Marisco Vineyards Ltd
Uploaded: 26 August 2021
Closes: 26 November 2021
Home of our favourite brands The Ned, Leefield Station, The Kings Series and Craft Series, Marisco Vineyards is located in the Waihopai Valley on the banks of the Waihopai River, Marlborough.
We are a progressive wine company committed to building brands and taking the unique Marlborough, New Zealand story of wine to the world.
Marisco Vineyard’s Waihopai River Winery is a 8500-tonne new generation facility with the latest technology for producing premium and super premium wine. For harvest 2022, Marisco Vineyards will also be recruiting vintage staff for its brand new, Leefield Station-based winery.
Vintage cellar staff are responsible for carrying out the day-to-day winery operations as planned by the winemaking team. All successful applicants will be offered fixed-term agreements of between six and eight weeks, harvest intake dependant, likely starting around 1 March 2022. Actual start dates will be finalised early in 2022. Full training and a Health & Safety induction will be provided.
We are currently recruiting cellar crew for the V22 harvest and seeking:
- Cellar Hands (no experience necessary, full training provided).
- Experienced Press Operators
- Experienced Flotation Technicians
- Skilled forklift operators
What you will receive from us:
- Daily shift meal (when working 12 hour shifts)
- A competitive pay rate
- Transport to and from winery, if required
- Winery welcome pack with gift
- Full in-house training on all vintage SOPs
- Skill-building opportunities
- An experienced Winemaking & Cellar team willing to share knowledge
- A fun, supportive and positive team environment
What we expect of you:
- To be able to work within the company’s Health & Safety environment
- Ability to work to tight timelines and under pressure
- The ability to work a 12 hour shift, six days a week (during peak harvest)
- Ability to problem-solve and multi-task
- Be physically fit and have a positive attitude
- Good communication skills and attention to detail
- We are looking for people that enjoy teamwork and working collaboratively
- We want you to be enthusiastic and willing to make a positive contribution to harvest!
- Let us know if you have experience in fruit receival, flotation, fermentation management and/or industry-based training e.g. forklift operation, confined space
While experience is beneficial, we will provide full training to applicants that demonstrate a keen interest and willingness to learn.
Due to current closure of the New Zealand border, we will only accept applications from New Zealand residents or international applicants who are currently in New Zealand and have a visa until May/June 2022. Citizens returning to NZ must have a booked MIQ spot to be eligible.
For more info about Marisco Vineyards please click on link to view our website www.marisco.co.nz
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.