Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Framingham Wines
Uploaded: 24 August 2021
Closes: 24 October 2021
Located in the heart of Marlborough’s wine region, Framingham Wines is a well-established, family-owned winery in Marlborough, internationally-renowned for the quality of its wines.
We are now recruiting for our 2022 vintage crew.
The Vintage Cellar Hands are responsible for carrying out the day-to-day winery operations as planned by the winemaking team. All successful applicants will be offered fixed-term agreements for a period of 6-8 week, starting early-March 2022. Actual start dates will be finalised early in 2022.
Full training with a Health and Safety induction will be provided. Long vintage hours are required and we will provide a meal per day whilst working 12-hour shifts
The successful candidates will have:
- 1-2 previous vintages under your belt would be great
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work well under pressure
- Enjoy working in a small, close-knit team environment
If you are enthusiastic, energetic and passionate about wine, we would love to hear from you. A positive attitude, good sense of humour and a decent playlist is essential.
The successfully candidate must be NZ citizen, permanent resident or have a valid work visa through to the end of the 2022 vintage period.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.