Vintage 2022 - Cellar Hand Team
Company: Pernod Ricard Winemakers
Uploaded: 24 August 2021
Closes: 24 November 2021
Join us for Vintage 2022! Help us turn our grapes into wine!
Pernod Ricard winemakers New Zealand have multiple Cellar Hand positions available to help do the physical part of making wine at vintage. No experience required!
- Want to experience a hands-on role in the wine industry?
- Are you looking to take a gap year from study, or have you finished study and wondering what to do?
- Working seasonally just suits your lifestyle?
- Or you just want to earn some money and experience the buzz of Vintage time in Marlborough?
‘Doing a Vintage’ as a Cellar Hand is an excellent opportunity to gain experience in an industry leading company and meet awesome people along the way!
What’s in it for you?
- On-shift yummy Vintage meals provided. A full main meal and a continental breakfast available
- Transport to and from the winery
- An awesome end of Vintage party (Covid levels allowing)!
- A competitive pay rate
- Great staff facilities, snacks, barista coffee machine for use
- Great team environment
- Staff discounts across our product range
- Access to a range of staff discounts from local businesses
- Treats and gifts for the Vintage team!
No experience needed. All you need:
- Is to be prepared to work hard over vintage
- To be able to put safety first
- To have a good level of strength and fitness
- To be a team player with a good sense of humour (we work hard but we have fun along the way)
- We can cater to couples or groups of friends, or come make some more friends! Its a real buzz at vintage!
Winery experience is not required (just a bonus!) you will be fully trained for the role. The skills you learn will be transferable to other industries and who knows, you may just find that the wine industry becomes your passion! The skills you gain here can be used across other countries, once the world opens up again (or come back next vintage, returning vintage workers are amazing).
The harvest period is expected to begin at the start around Feb/early March 2022 (several intake dates) with the length dependent on harvest conditions (usually 5-8 weeks). This role is a fixed-term role.
These roles include shift-work to cover our 24-hour operations. During peak harvest period shifts may be up to 12 hours, six days a week. You will always get the same day off, and we do drop to 5 days when the peak is over.
Please note our Marlborough winery is smoke free.
You must be in New Zealand and have/be able to get NZ working rights to be considered.
Early applications are encouraged, and we will review applications as they arrive - we aim to contact you very shortly after you apply!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.