Company: Grape Vision Ltd
Uploaded: 20 August 2021
Closes: 20 September 2021
Grape Vision Ltd. is a vineyard management and consultancy company, managing over 55 vineyards in the Central Otago winegrowing regions of Alexandra, Bendigo, Bannockburn, Lowburn/Cromwell, Pisa Valley and Gibbston.
Grape Vision is looking for a Technical Officer to start as soon as possible.
You would enjoy this role if you are:
- Methodical, with a high attention to detail
- Prepared to go the extra mile to make sure things are done really well
- Able to work well alone, self-motivate and possess excellent time management skills
- Open-minded and enthusiastic
- Have a good level of physical fitness
- Eagerness to learn and explore new ideas
Possibilities exist for training on vineyard machinery operations, agrichemical use (including Growsafe Certification) and attendance to regional workshops and seminars.
Primary roles and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Yield Data Collection and Processing
- Pest and Disease Monitoring
- Supervision of Technical Assistant(s)
- Maturity Sampling
- Sustainable Wines New Zealand (SWNZ) Certification
- BioGro Certification
- Research trial(s) design, data collection and processing
- General vineyard tasks
- Liaison with winery and various business units
We look forward to receiving your application.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.