Vintage Cellar Hands
Company: MATUA - TWE
Uploaded: 19 August 2021
Closes: 19 November 2021
Cellar Hands - V22
At Treasury Wine Estates (TWE) we know that it’s the thinkers, makers and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognised as the world’s most celebrated wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality and a reputation for excellence across the globe. From the iconic luxury of Penfolds, to the broad appeal of Matua, Shingle Peak, Squealing Pig, Penfolds, Wolf Blass and Pepperjack. we are committed to creating memorable wine experiences for our consumers.
About the role
We have a number of opportunities based at our Matua Winery for cellar operators to join our team for the forthcoming 2022 vintage. This is a fixed-term role.
- Support and maintain compliance with all company HSE Policies and safe work practices
- Support and maintain compliance with all BRC, FSQM and regulatory requirements
- Implement and maintain compliance with the food safety and quality management system by reporting food safety hazards and quality problems as they arise
- Report fit to work
- Maintain product quality throughout all cellar operations
- Work with the cellar and with the winemaking team to ensure product quality and production schedules are met
- To perform, continually develop and enhance cellar practices to optimise equipment, systems and personal effectiveness
- Ensure all cellar operation records are filled out correctly and in full as a true representation of the operations completed
With strong practical winery experience and excellent decision-making skills, successful candidates will need to be strong communicators and can effectively plan, organise and problem solve. We are looking for people who are motivated and passionate about wine and thrive on active team involvement and achieving results. A good understanding of hygiene principles that relate to food and beverage handling, is key.
This is a shift-based role
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.