Fixed Term Vintage Cellar Hands – Blenheim
Company: Constellation Brands
Uploaded: 09 August 2021
Closes: 09 November 2021
Constellation Brands New Zealand is the country’s #1 exporter of wine to the US, with power brands like Kim Crawford dominating in overseas markets. Here at home and in Australia, our innovation continues to hit store shelves with brands like Crafter’s Union, Round Theory, Selaks Taste Collection and The Peoples Wine. Our people and brands are what set us apart from the competition, to carry out our vision of creating brands worth reaching for.
About the Role
If you want to be part of 2022 wine history and contribute to award-winning wines, then this is the role for you. Join us in the beautiful Marlborough wine country and experience how wine is made! You will be part of an epic team who work closely together to produce some powerhouse brands like Kim Crawford, Crafters Union and Selaks just to name a few. How amazing will it be to pick up a glass of wine that you helped create? You will learn some valuable skills and who knows, you may even decide that a career in winemaking is for you. If that’s the case, you’ll get to meet people that could help make this a reality. Estimated start date for Vintage at this location is mid to late February 2022.
So, what does the work involve?
- Physical work including machinery operation
- Approx 8-12 hour days, 6 days a week (plenty of earning potential!)
- Be part of a team all working towards a common goal to produce incredible wine.
- Previous vintage season experience desirable, but not required – we will provide plenty of training and support
- A team player with high levels of motivation and a can-do attitude
- A reasonable level of fitness
- Health and safety conscious
- Comfortable with shift work
Benefits & Culture
- Meal allowance
- Competitive wage plus ability to earn and bank lots of hours
- Opportunity and exposure to the wine industry
- Meet and work with the awesome Constellation team – people from all walks of life and expertise right across winemaking
- We also celebrate and reward your hard work at the end of the season with a fabulous Harvest celebration!
Only candidates with the right to work in New Zealand will be considered for this role. Please proceed to application if you hold a current work visa or citizenship/passport.
Constellation Brands is a member of Diversity Works New Zealand. We are committed to diversity and inclusion. We value and encourage participation of all applicants regardless of their background.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.