Vintage Cellar Hands Wanted
Company: The Hunting Lodge
Uploaded: 22 July 2021
Closes: 22 August 2021
Join our Harvest Team... Vintage Cellar Hands Wanted
(Fixed Term Contract)
Brix & Co Limited is a large-scale beverage business located at The Hunting Lodge grounds in Waimauku, Auckland. We have an experienced and passionate team with capabilities spanning winemaking and other beverage production, laboratory services, packaging and warehousing.
We're looking for Cellar Hands to cover the busy 2022 vintage period in this winery.
Reporting to the Beverage Manager & Production Winemaker, this is a fast-paced and exciting role within the cellar team, primarily wine-focused for the harvest period.
We are a boutique winery, dabbling in some very exciting varietal blends. We have a vast array of award-winning wines including receiving Gold 96 points and NZ's highest scoring Sauv Blanc from our HomeBlock 2020 Waikoukou Sauvignon Blanc in the Decanter Awards, two Top 50 Gold's in the New World 2020 Wine Awards (and a Champion Red Blend) and Gold 95 points in the IWC awards for our 2020 Seasonal Albariño.
You'll need to:
- Be energetic, physically-fit and willing to continuously improve
- Have the ability to work autonomously and competently in a busy team environment
- Possess strong communication skills, attention to detail and a sense of humour
- Have a passion for wine, quality and health and safety standards
- Be willing to work on a rostered basis, which includes shift work and 6-day weeks
- You MUST HAVE the ability to legally work within New Zealand until the end of May 2022 - please provide a copy of your work visa or citizenship with your application
Previous experience in cellar operations and/or a wine harvest would be an advantage.
To register your interest in the role, please submit your CV by clicking 'Apply Now'.
Applicants must have the right to work in NZ until at least the end of May 2022. Please provide evidence of your Work Visa or Citizenship with your application.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.