Company: Amisfield LP
Uploaded: 21 July 2021
Closes: 21 August 2021
Set against the backdrop of the majestic Pisa mountain range, Amisfield is one of the largest single estate vineyards in Central Otago. Our philosophy is to nurture nature at every step and yield wines with exceptional purity, intensity and vibrancy. Specialising in Pinot Noir and aromatic whites, our vineyard consists of 92 hectares of ultra-premium, cool climate organically-grown and certified grapes.
An opportunity exists for a motivated person to join our small winemaking team, working in our on-site state of the art winery.
Your main responsibility will be to conduct all daily laboratory analysis and trials. Proficiency in spectroscopy analysis is a requirement and an interest in the wine industry is vital as the position will require periods of time working in the cellar and the vineyard.
What you will be doing:
- Assist in grape sampling, and daily grape and wine analysis, pH, TA, brix.
- Undertake winery duties such as spectroscopy (RS, VA, malic, Glucose/Fructose, YAN), stability and fining trials, inoculations, barrel ferment monitoring, ferment monitoring, grape receival, lab sampling, ferment cap management, barrel work, wine transfers, press operations, filtration, tank rackings, plunging and pumping over red ferments, wine additions
- Input accurate data into our winery software system Vintrace
- Assist with our certification reporting and safety program
- Work on special projects and provide input to further development opportunities for our winemaking programme
- Ordering all laboratory equipment and supplies
- Ensuring the lab is well maintained and clean
- Responsible for managing a lab assistant over vintage
- Ensuring our SOP’s and lab procedures are up to date and accurate
- Provide technical support to drive continuous improvement of our lab, winery and vineyard operations.
We are wanting our newest team member to bring a mix of the following:
- Degree/Diploma in Lab/Oenology/Viticulture or proven industry experience
- Good computer and analytical skills, preferably experienced with Vintrace winery management software
- Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
- Cheerful, motivated and organised, with great time management skills
- Clean and tidy work habits to ensure a hygienic and efficient lab operation
- Ability to work as part of a team and value each other’s contributions
- Initiative and forward thinking/problem solving skills
- Comfortable working both indoors and outdoors
- Physically fit to be able to walk up and downhill on steep and uneven terrain, bend and squat to obtain field samples
- Must be flexible to work longer hours and extra days during the harvest season
- Respectful of our environment, keeping environmental consciousness at the forefront of processes
And there’s a barrel load of benefits when it comes to working with Amisfield including a generous wine allowance, wine discounts on our wine and dining, health insurance, and much more.
If this sounds like you and you are in New Zealand or arriving very soon, please put in an application so we can look to have you join our team!
Applications will close as soon as we have found the right candidate, so don't delay in applying!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.