Customer Experience Coordinator
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 20 July 2021
Closes: 17 August 2021
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative and distinctive winemaking techniques.
The Cloudy Bay story is one of adventure. After a single sip in 1983, David Hohnen was captivated by Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. In 1985 David and winemaker Kevin Judd launched Cloudy Bay with a vision for making New Zealand wines of uncompromising quality. It’s been that way ever since.
Reporting to the Customer Experience Manager, we are looking for a Customer Experience Coordinator to ensure the highest standards of the Cloudy Bay guest experience at the Central Otago Cellar Door and to contribute to the reputation of Cloudy Bay by suggesting new ideas to continuously renew our guest experience offer.
This role is a fantastic opportunity to deliver exceptional customer service and a high-standard of food and wine service while demonstrating your knowledge of the Cloudy Bay wines and history.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Assisting the Customer Experience Manager with the delivery of public and private group events and with the booking of private experiences and organization of events;
- Processing sales of wine, food products and merchandise through the retail area;
- Coordinating a larger team during the summer season for the private experience events;
- Handling the operational requirements of the business events and group bookings, creating menu options, setting up and designing experiences;
- Completing all the activities required in regards of Health & Safety such as respecting and keeping up to date the Food Control Plan, identifying risks within the work environment and updating or creating the Health & Safety procedures.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Event Management or Hospitality or Tourism;
- Previous experience in Customer Service / Tourism / Sales / Event organisation ideally in a luxury or high-profile environment;
- Passion and drive for the art of hosting, food and wine and creating captivating experiences;
- Developed knowledge of best practices in all areas of service, sales, food and wine and in the tourism industry;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Sales and results-oriented with great attention to detail;
- Relevant rights to work in New Zealand
Competitive salary + annual bonus target + 9% super + wine allocation
Applications close on the 17 August 2021.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.