Company: Punt Road Wines
Uploaded: 20 July 2021
Closes: 20 August 2021
We are seeking a permanent, full-time Cellar Hand to join our small team. Our winery is in Coldstream, in the Yarra Valley.
As part of the cellar team, you will need to demonstrate close attention to detail, a concern for wine quality and safe working practices.
This is an opportunity to join the cellar crew at a winery with an excellent, supportive culture and quality winemaking credentials.
Summary of role:
- Carry out seasonal and non-seasonal cellar operator duties
- Operate, check and maintain winery equipment, plant and machinery
- Contribute to hazard identification and reporting
- Ensure safety standards are consistently upheld by yourself and others
- Carry out relevant record keeping and administration that relates to cellar operations
- Warehouse management, packaged wine despatches
What you will bring to the team:
- Availability to work vintage shifts from February to April – including up to 12-hour shifts during vintage (including one weekend day)
- Previous experience in a similar role, or a desire and passion to learn the ropes
- Enjoy working in an outdoor environment, working at heights and within confined spaces
- Whilst not essential, a High Risk Work Licence (Forklift) and driver’s licence would be a distinct advantage
- Previous cellar experience is desirable, but not essential. If you bring energy and enthusiasm, are keen to learn and want to join in the fun of winemaking, then we’d like to hear from you
You must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen or permanent resident to be considered for the role.
Remuneration is in accordance with experience and the Wine Industry Award 2010.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- To find out more about the Australian wine industry, click here.