Company: Johnson Estate Limited t/a Spy Valley Wines
Uploaded: 15 July 2021
Closes: 06 August 2021
Seek Spy, find why. A family-owned winery that has been inspiring the world of wine since 2000.
Comprising six varieties of grapes over 180 hectares of estate vineyards, Spy Valley operates a modern, fully-integrated viticulture, winemaking, and bottling facility. Continually striving for excellence, our people are part of our family, bringing passion and heart to Spy HQ.
We are looking for an Assistant Winemaker to join our winemaking team after an internal promotion. This role includes working to support our winemaking team, the cellar, and laboratory. The Assistant Winemaker will supervise a small team over harvest and will model safe working practices, supporting the development of the Health and Safety culture across the team.
We would love to hear from you if you have:
- A relevant tertiary qualification
- A minimum of 4 vintages experience in the winery
- A full year working in the winery or laboratory advantageous
- The ability to work quickly and reliably, both as part of a team and independently
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Mathematical skills
- Understanding of quality control systems
- Experience with record-keeping software; Vintrace would be an advantage
- An understanding of workplace Health and Safety
Spy Valley offers the successful candidate attractive working conditions, fantastic opportunities to develop professionally, a friendly team environment and great wine.
Applicants must have NZ residency or a valid NZ Work Permit.
Applications close 5pm Friday 6th August 2021.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.