Company: Giesen Group Ltd
Uploaded: 15 July 2021
Closes: 31 July 2021
- Multi Award-Winning Business
- Iconic New Zealand Brand
- Marlborough-based position
- Cadetship-focused on broad development of Winery/cellar skills.
About the business
The Giesen Group is a family-owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage, where they export premium quality wine across the world.
About the role
This Cadetship is designed to arm enthusiastic individuals with the foundational skills for a future career in winemaking operations. Reporting to the Cellarmaster, the successful candidate will develop their core skill set of winery cellar operations and have this year as a foundation to launch their winery career from.
The successful candidate will be dynamic and learn to master the tank cleaning techniques, transfers, winery GMP, filtration machine operation, conducting additions, and forklift operation. We will also stretch you by developing your process knowledge of various filtration equipment, introducing you to Spinning cone technology (which we use to make our 0% alcohol wine), and exposing you to Decanter operations. ‘’Earn while you learn’’ with quality hands-on training with some of New Zealands most experienced wine experts. We will provide opportunities to get a taste of vineyard operations where you will learn all about the grape growing process and what it takes to produce premium wines from start to finish.
- You will be a high school leaver, a NMIT or tertiary graduate, or someone who has done a harvest and loved it enough to start a personal pursuit.
- You will have a can-do attitude, willingness to learn, and get stuck into manual tasks.
- Be confident with your ability to learn machinery operations and new ways of working.
- You will have a desire to develop your leadership and teamwork skills.
- Exhibit a passion for making wine and the wine industry.
- Work well with a wide range of people, be a team player, and be results-focused.
- Have good English speaking and writing skills
- An understanding of Health & Safety in the workplace. Demonstrate a level of self awareness of the risks in your environment and how to safely navigate those risks.
- You will be dynamic and flexible and ready to learn new skills and challenge yourself.
In return you will be joining a collaborative, fun group of people, in a flexible working environment and you will be joining a business whose purpose is to create great wine and beer and to encourage people all around the world to LOVE it as much as they do. This is your dream role right here!
- We will expose you to wide range of innovative technology that you won’t find in other wineries (e.g Spinning Cone Column, Continuous Tartrate Stabilisation (CTS), and Decanter technology.
- We will provide hands-on development of your skills and behaviours to enable you to grow quickly.
- This is a family business, with an environment that revolves around family values and entreprenueralism.
- Get a foot in the door via this 12 month programme then broaden and deepen your skills within the winery cellar team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.