Company: Gladstone Vineyard Limited
Uploaded: 08 July 2021
Closes: 08 August 2021
About Gladstone Vineyard
Gladstone Vineyard was planted in 1986 making it one of New Zealand’s most established wine producers. In 2018, The Flying Winemaker Group acquired the business and assets with the view to turn Gladstone Vineyard into New Zealand’s leading Pinot Noir producer.
We believe that the most important part of winemaking occurs in the vineyard. Our grapes are managed with great care, ensuring the best possible fruit is brought to the winery at harvest, giving our winemaking team every opportunity to be creative whilst still striving to produce international, award-winning wines.
About The Flying Winemaker
The Flying Winemaker, regarded as one of the leading voices in wine, is an award-winning, modern era wine producer that owns a growing collection of brands from the New World, who are determined to change the way wine is perceived, enjoyed and shared the world over. Led by founder and winemaker Eddie McDougall, the company continues to drive a Vino Revolution, that brings anyone’s dream to make and sell great wines to life.
Not limited by geographical boundaries, the winemakers of the group are given the opportunities to freely discover new regions, experiment with blends and uncover new varietals to produce both classic and alternative wine styles.
- Ensure the organisation is focused towards the ultimate goal of becoming New Zealand’s super premium Pinot Noir producer
- Create a culture amongst the team that is collaborative, creative, and quality-focused
- Keep abreast of new research and technology
- Drive growth and innovation
- Manage winery and vineyard staff
- Be a brand champion for the company and support marketing initiatives
- Travel domestically and internationally to support the brand
- Execute production plans and report directly to the Head of Wine Production, CEO or their nominees
- Detailed record keeper with experience with Vinsight preferred
- Monitor all stages of the grape growing and winemaking
- Packaging and bottling
- Management and negotiations of commercial contracts with suppliers
- Winery record keeping and SWNZ accreditation
- Occupational health and safety management
- Winery improvements, repairs and maintenance
- Maintaining SWNZ accreditation and monitor environmental impact from operations
- Hands-on management of the vineyards
- Tractor and machinery operations
- Manage the vineyard employees and ensuring appropriate training is provided for all machinery operators and seasonal workers
- Grower liaison and grape procurement
- Vineyard operations and spray diary data management
- Vineyard performance reporting and future planning
- Tertiary qualification in oenology and viticulture
- Experience in premium, medium-size vineyard and winery operations
- Strongly developed problem solving abilities
- Clear and concise communicator across all organisational levels
- Proven ability to manage vineyards, as well as cellar operations
- Independent worker who can lead small passionate teams
- Experience in both New and Old World wineries with appreciation for global wine styles
- Knowledge of New Zealand viticulture with passion for Pinot Noir
- Knowledge of Vinsight preferred
- Knowledge of SWNZ compliance and WECS procedures
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Martinborough/Wairarapa wine region, click here.