Company: Felton Road Wines
Uploaded: 07 July 2021
Closes: 31 July 2021
Felton Road has an exciting opportunity to join our dedicated team to assist in the daily operation of our four Demeter certified vineyards (34 ha). We are looking for a self-motivated individual driven by a passion for the wine industry.
Tasks and duties of this full-time position include:
- Managing staff and yourself in the operation of specialist viticultural machinery, such as undervine weeders, cover crop drillers and canopy sprayers.
- Vineyard tasks such as moisture monitoring, irrigation systems and controls, harvest coordination and general maintenance.
- Supervise casual staff working within the vineyard and pre-harvest field sampling.
Do you have the following attributes?
- 3-5 years practical viticultural or horticultural experience.
- Viticultural tertiary qualifications advantageous.
- A strong knowledge of biodynamic and organic principles.
- Excellent mechanical knowledge and experience with vineyard machinery.
- Full Drivers Licence Essential.
- Legally entitled to work in NZ or hold a valid work visa.
Our working environment is one with a strong commitment and enthusiasm for growing the best quality grapes, whilst managing our properties and farmland sustainably and respecting the natural flora and fauna.
Please apply with CV by no later than 31 July 2021 to:
This advert may be withdrawn prior to 31 July if the right candidate is found.
All enquires treated with strictest confidence. We look forward to hearing from you.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.