Cellar and Viticulture Cadet
Company: Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa Collection, Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 28 June 2021
Closes: 28 July 2021
Our Marlborough-based winery and quality-focused vineyards from across the region offer our employees the opportunity to work with super premium fruit and award-winning wines.
The intent of the Cadet Programme is to give a rounded experience to candidates and expose them to a vast array of different activities between the two fields.
The successful applicants will spend time in vineyards and the winery learning Vintage Cellar Operations: including barrel work, tank cleaning, machine operation, forklift operation, use of additives, sampling and accurate completion of required paperwork.
Accurately collect and record yield data using the Vinea app throughout the growing season
Assist Viticulture Technical Manager with seasonal duties such as pest & disease monitoring, maturity sampling and other quality control tasks as required
Assist Vineyard Operation teams with vineyard operations, repairs and maintenance including trellising and irrigation repairs, basic machinery operation work, young vine training.
This role would be suitable for a school leaver, someone looking to gain experience in the industry, or even a recent graduate.
In order to be successful in this position you will need to demonstrate:
- Willingness to learn and comply with winery regulations & compliance
- Strong initiative with a focus on continual improvement
- High attention to detail & strive to produce high quality wines
- Flexibility to work shift hours, weekend and early starts, particularly during our grape harvest, including weekends
- Desire to be an active participant & keen to learn in our team environment Full NZ (or equivalent)
- Drivers License Proficiency on app based software
To be considered, please attach your curriculum vitae, cover letter and complete the application form.
Preference will be given to applicants already in New Zealand with eligibility to work in NZ indefinitely.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.