Commercial Sales Manager
Company: Te Mata Estate Winery Ltd
Uploaded: 26 June 2021
Closes: 18 July 2021
- Join an iconic NZ wine producer in the beautiful Hawke's Bay
- Be part of an established, experienced and supportive team
- A rare senior leadership role in a family-owned, 125 year old business
Established in 1896, Te Mata Estate remains family owned, producing an internationally-recognized array of wines exclusively from its Hawke’s Bay vineyards. Every step in the production of our wines is undertaken by us, from grape growing through to winemaking and bottling.
We are looking for an experienced sales professional to bring their energy, knowledge and relationship development skills to this stimulating and dynamic role. Reporting to the CEO, you will be leading the sales effort with your talent for people management and relationship development across our NZ and international sales channels.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Have exceptional sales leadership skills, with demonstrated success in a senior sales role in wine or luxury goods
- Be commercially practical and financially literate
- Have the ability to utilise their strong communication skills to advance relationships with both customers and colleagues
- Be perceptive, open-minded and agile in their response to market change and opportunity
Key aspects of the role include:
- Development and implementation of the sales strategies for NZ trade and export sales
- Providing motivation, mentoring and guidance for trade and export partners
- Preparation, monitoring and management of sales and promotional budgets
- Identifying new business opportunities and transforming those opportunities into growth
- Managing a small team of other sales professionals
- Collaborating with colleagues in all aspects of the business, including marketing, financial management, production and supply chain
- Domestic travel, and international travel as markets re-open
- With markets in differing time zones, and a seasonal operation that works 360 days of the year, this is a demanding role. It will require full time commitment, and flexibility and self-management will be required.
Applications must include a CV and cover letter, and MUST be made directly via the Seek website.
Please submit your application no later than Sunday, 18 July 2021.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.