Marlborough Viticulture Engineer
Company: Vidal Estate, Esk Valley, Te Awa Collection, Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 01 June 2021
Closes: 01 July 2021
Villa Maria is New Zealand's most-awarded wine company and home to some of the country's most iconic and recognisable wines. We are looking for a Viticulture Engineer to join our Marlborough team and assist in keeping our crew rolling, mowing and harvesting.
Reporting to our Workshop manager, the successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Repair and maintenance of Vineyard Machinery and implements for our Marlborough Fleet
- Repair and maintenance of our Gregoire and Pellenc Harvesters
- Fabrication of new equipment including specialised equipment for organic production
- Assisting in training of vineyard staff
This position will be both workshop and field-based, giving the successful applicant the opportunity to visit all of our picturesque vineyards throughout Marlborough.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent attention to detail and focus on quality workmanship
- Great time management skills
- Ability to communicate well with colleagues, contractors and suppliers
- Strong base in welding and fabrication
- The ability to work harvest hours from Feb - May
- Strong understanding of vineyard operations
You will be rewarded with competitive remuneration, company phone, vehicle and medical insurance, as well as a monthly wine allowance and the opportunity to work with one of the best crews in the business.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.