Assistant Winemaker & Vineyard Operator
Company: Batch Winery
Uploaded: 22 May 2021
Closes: 22 June 2021
Reporting to the Winemaker, the responsibilities include the physical aspect of carrying out all winery operations, vineyard machinery and vineyard maintenance operations and participating in the tourism segment of our business. The role will be divided evenly between the cellar, vineyard and wine tourism. Work patterns will vary, at peak; 12 hours per day, six to seven days per week.
The role is permanent.
What we are looking for in you:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in an Assistant Winemaker or Cellar Supervisor role and a tertiary qualification in oenology and viticulture.
- Minimum 3 vintages experience in small-scale premium wineries.
- Minimum 1 season experience in wine tourism and a tertiary qualification in wine tourism.
- Forklift Operator certificate and minimum 2 vintage experience.
- Confined space training and certification
- Vineyard machinery experience, preference will be given to those who have operated on steep terrain.
- Approved handler certificate or Grow safe certificate.
- Physically fit – ability to carry 20kg.
- Stamina – ability to work 12-hour shifts.
- Own a vehicle.
Futher training and upskilling will be offered.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here