Company: Vinpro Ltd
Uploaded: 21 May 2021
Closes: 21 June 2021
Join Central Otago’s leading contract winemaking, bottling and warehousing company as our new Laboratory Manager/Winemaker.
VinPro provides custom winemaking, bottling, temperature controlled warehousing and dispatch services to our local wine growing community. Our Cromwell-based winery located in the heart of the world renowned Central Otago region focuses on quality wine production for clients across all of Central Otago’s sub regions. We have a modern well resourced winery with capacity for 900 tonnes and have been crafting quality cool climate wines since 2005.
We are seeking a Laboratory Manager/Winemaker to run the winery laboratory, be responsible for winemaking compliance and keep up-to-date winery records as well as assisting with cellar work.
While reporting to the Senior Winemaker the role requires:
- Operational winemaking
- Winemaking record keeping
- Financial and resource management of the winery lab
- Laboratory analysis
- Management of all systems and records for winery compliance accreditations
- Winemaking administration
- Health and Safety ambassador
This is a full time role and the successful applicant will have:
- A qualification in winemaking or similar
- Experience in winemaking or lab management in a leadership role
- A strong customer and quality focus
- Good communication skills
- Team orientation and leadership skills
If you believe you have what it takes and would like to be part of our winery team, then we would like to hear from you.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.