Vineyard Operator - Marlborough
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 21 May 2021
Closes: 21 June 2021
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines that express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards is looking for a Vineyard Operator to join the Marlborough team. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a sophisticated brand and work outdoors in a friendly work environment. As part of the team, you’ll develop your skills further with good training, task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. As a Vineyard Operator, you will have a hands-on role in helping to produce the highest quality wines.
The key tasks of this role include:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola driving;
- canopy management, trellis maintenance, pruning and vine training;
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system;
- supervision of contract vineyard labor and company casual vineyard staff when required;
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cloudy Bay;
In order to be successful in the role, you will have:
- Previous vineyard experience or other operational agricultural enterprise;
- A sound understanding or desire to learn viticultural principles and practices;
- Desire to work in a mechanical and groundwork based role;
- Flexibility, sound communication skills;
- A willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team;
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures;
- Class 1 valid driver’s license;
- Desirable: Class 2, 4, W, F license. HASNO, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification;
If you are interested, please visit:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.