Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Treasury Wine Estates
Uploaded: 03 May 2021
Closes: 03 June 2021
Apply via this link
Here at Treasury Wine Estates (TWE), we know that it’s the thinkers, makers, and doers who have the most impact as we continue to strive towards being recognised as the world’s most celebrated wine company. We are proud of our portfolio of brands that have tremendous heritage, rich quality and a reputation for excellence across the globe.
From the iconic Wolf Blass, to the broad, enduring appeal of Matua, and newer brands like Squealing Pig appealing to a fresh generation of consumers.
About the role
Reporting into the Vineyard Manager, the Assistant Vineyard Manager is accountable for developing and progressing the implementation of the site operational plan as well as specific aspects of the running of the vineyard as a business unit, under managerial direction.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of the monthly and weekly site work programs.
- Participate in the business planning process for the site, and assist the implementation of site strategies and objectives.
- Foster innovation in work practices through integration of viticulture best practice into the business.
- Prepare appropriation for, and monitor the implementation of, specified capital projects.
- Assist with the development of capital and operating budgets that support the achievement of site objectives.
- Monitor, control and forecast expenses associated with specific cost accounts.
- Facilitate continuous improvement processes that minimise costs of production without compromising “end use” specification of fruit.
Tertiary qualification in viticulture or agri-business management or related disciplines are necessary. Experience managing medium to large vineyards, strong leadership - interpersonal and communication skills are imperative to the success of the role.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
- Access to the world’s most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
- True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
- Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (we’re really good at doing this!)
- Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
- “TWEforME Day” – an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you
- Meeting-free Monday mornings (we all love this!)
- Headquartered in the heart of Melbourne’s CBD in glamorous new offices
- Cycle/run to work and experience state-of-the-art end-of-trip facilities
We bring our whole selves, we’re courageous and we deliver together – that’s our DNA. We’re a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. We’re brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome, and are famous for our can-do attitude. We’re definitely “glass half full” people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If you’re ready to help us be the world’s most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact email@example.com, quoting the job title and reference number.
How to apply
We move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you don’t want to miss out, apply today. Note that we prefer to deal with you directly; we haven’t briefed a recruitment agency on this role and won’t be accepting CVs through any recruitment agency, so please apply directly.
In light of COVID-19, we are frequently reviewing our recruitment processes. Right now, we are conducting all interviews virtually. This is a fluid situation and we will adapt our processes as we need to with any government guidelines or regulations.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.