Assistant Vineyard Manager
Company: Loveblock Vintners
Uploaded: 28 April 2021
Closes: 28 May 2021
Loveblock is a small, family-owned brand focusing on organic or minimal intervention farming and winemaking. Our Marlborough vineyards, located in the Awatere Valley, have 75Ha of vines producing mainly Sauvignon Blanc, Pinot Gris and Pinot Noir.
Due to strong growth and vineyard redevelopment work, we are creating a new role reporting to the Estate Manager.
You will be:
- A graduate in Viticulture/Agricultural science or have significant vineyard experience.
- Communicate in a professional and effective manner.
- Be detail-oriented.
- Be physically fit and prepared to work early mornings and some week-ends (mainly during the harvest season.)
- A good team player.
- Have a can-do attitude.
- Want to learn and work within a team.
- Able to pass a pre-employment drug test.
Your day-to-day tasks will be crop/viticulture cycle focussed:
- Contractor management.
- Delivery of spray plans.
- SWNZ/BioGro work including spray diaries.
- Crop estimation.
- Delivery of pruning plans.
- Disease management.
- Trial plans.
- Some general vineyard work included.
Applicants for this position should have NZ citizenship/residency or a NZ work visa with a minimum of 12 months validity. Applicants should also be currently within New Zealand or able to enter New Zealand through the travel bubble.
If this sounds like the opportunity you’ve been waiting for, we look forward to hearing from you!
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.