Company: Takatu Vineyard
Uploaded: 23 April 2021
Closes: 23 May 2021
Vineyard Manager - Matakana
With a drive less than an hour North of Auckland, Takatu Lodge & Vineyard is situated in the heart of the bustling and diverse Matakana wine region set on the East Coast. Our property is spoilt wth surrouding views of the Pacific Ocean, rural pastures and mountainous landscape.
We are a boutique vineyard with a strong quality focus producing hand-crafted wines that reflect our place and passion in what we do. The lodge is set amongst the vines providing our lodge guests with an experience in staying on a working vineyard. Our wines are served to our guests throughout their stay and we take pride in showcasing and sharing the intimate journey between the vines to wine with them.
We are seeking a skilled and self-motivated individual to manage and operate our vineyard and property grounds. Experience is essential as this is a hands-on, fulltime position working alongside the Lodge Property Manager and Winemaker, and reporting to the owner.
What we are looking for in our successful applicant:
- Sound Viticultural knowledge
- Strong practical experience - ideally a minimum of 5 years in vineyard operations
- Good communication skills
- A positive and productive team player
- A sustainable ethos and commitment to improving the ecological balance of the vineyard and wider property
- Thorough knowledge and experience in vineyard machinery and maintenance
- Commitment and working knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety requirements and procedures
- Current drivers licence is essential
This may be an exciting move to a new township for you.
Applicants for this position must be a NZ Citizen or resident. Applicants should also be currently within New Zealand. You may be required to provide evidence of your residency or citizenship.
All applications require a cover letter, CV and referees when requested.
Applications to be lodged by 23rd May 2021.
For any queries or questions, please contact us directly: Sharon or James firstname.lastname@example.org or phone Sharon on 021 08299 630
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here