'The Tasting Room' Manager
Company: Villa Maria Estate
Uploaded: 19 April 2021
Closes: 19 May 2021
A rare opportunity to lead a great team, create amazing onsite wine experiences and brand activations at Villa Maria’s Auckland hospitality and brand experience venue.
About the Role:
The Tasting Room at Villa Maria’s Auckland winery is a hybrid cellar door and restaurant, open Tuesday to Sunday from 11am- 7pm. Our offerings include bespoke wine tastings and experiences complimented by a full service a la carte menu, tasting flights and platters.
The purpose of the Food & Beverage Manager role will be to ensure that Auckland’s Tasting Room operates effectively and delivers on the annual brand experience plan as agreed with the National Brand Experience Manager, as well as deliver a Tasting Room experience that surprises and delights the consumer.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure labour model meets day-to-day consumer demand and seasonal activity
- Cross skilling of the team ensures a ‘one team’ culture and the delivery of a consistent brand experience for consumers.
- Manage a robust calendar of multifaceted brand activations delivered from the Tasting Room such as, staff events, wine clubs, PR events, Trade customer events, Private corporate events and buyouts that align with and add value to the brand.
- Drive a culture of staff seeking daily consumer brand connections.
- Empower staff to supercharge consumer engagement.
- Promote the option of winery tours and create bespoke brand experiences, including conducting them when required.
We are seeking a seasoned hospitality professional with upscale restaurant experience balanced with a robust knowledge of Wine. This individual is passionate about people, a natural leader who inspires greatness. This individual will embrace and drive a collaborative culture, seeking opportunities to be better, to raise the bar bringing the team along for the journey. This individual will engage the consumer and maximise the Tasting Room as a platform to bring Villa Maria’s brands to life.
The success of the Tasting Room Manager will predominately be determined by key financial, supplier and consumer experience measures, such as database collection, increase average spend per head, social media posts and engagement, reviews, and stakeholder feedback.
Key competencies we are seeking include:
- Passionate about people with the ability to drive a positive and collaborative team culture.
- At least 5 years’ experience in hospitality and 2 years of leadership experience.
- Professional wine knowledge (including WSETs).
- Event management, marketing and/or retail experience would be desirable but not essential.
- Ability to balance conflicting priorities and operate effectively in high pressure environments.
About the Company
Villa Maria is a family-owned winery recognised globally as an icon of the New Zealand wine industry. Villa Maria has a rich history of producing world-class wines and we take great pride in sharing the very best of Aotearoa New Zealand to over 60 countries around the world.
What we offer:
- Medical insurance policy to make you feel at ease.
- Wine allowance and discounts so you can get to know our award-winning products.
- Opportunities for continuous learning and development.
- A passionate, wine centric work environment
If this sounds like the role you have been looking for, please apply today by submitting your CV and Cover Letter. Applications will close on Wednesday, 19th May (although we reserve the right to remove the advert at any time).
Please note that only applicants who are eligible to work in NZ permanently can be considered for this role.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here