Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 18 February 2021
Closes: 18 March 2021
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroir within their respective appellations. Our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative and distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
Reporting to the Technical Viticulturist, Cloudy Bay Vineyards is looking for an Assistant Viticulturist who will be involved in all areas of viticulture, including numerous precision viticulture programmes, R&D projects, vineyard mapping and information system management, and day-to-day vineyard operational activities.
In this role, you will:
- Assist in the management of all viticultural IT systems to ensure data is current;
- Work alongside a wide range of stakeholders on the development and implementation of R&D projects;
- Ensure compliance with the Cloudy Bay Vineyards Health and Safety Management (HSMS) policies and procedures;
- Work with the Technical Viticulturist on the implementation of the company Yield Estimation Programme;
- Oversee irrigation monitoring to provide advice and support to the Viticulture Management Team on water applications;
- Have a leading role in the introduction and use of Geographic Information Systems, and other mapping software to aid the development and implementation of Cloudy Bay’s precision viticulture programmes;
- Support grower liaison activities and provide technical input and advice with the Viticulturist to assist growers with yield, nutritional, pest/disease and general viticultural management;
- Support the vineyard department to implement management practices that enhance the sustainability of Cloudy Bay vineyards;
- Assist in the development of winemaking trials based on vineyard R&D work, present tastings and laboratory data for review by the Technical Committee.
In order to be considered for this position, you will have:
- the ability to work permanently in New Zealand and being currently located in New Zealand;
- a tertiary qualification in Viticulture (Bachelor or Master levels)
- practical winery/winemaking experience and knowledge of winemaking systems;
- commitment to quality wine and experience in a multi-department environment;
- developed standards of critical analysis and scientific approaches;
- be creative and innovative;
- personal integrity, discretion and a strong work ethic;
- good communication and interpersonal skills;
- practical vineyard experience and general knowledge of farming systems;
The successful applicant will be joining a fun, focused and rewarding team-orientated environment. The salary package includes an attractive base salary, an annual bonus (linked to performance), wine allocation and superannuation.
If you are interested to apply, please visit our Career Website:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.