Vintage Assistant Winemaker
Company: Brightwater Vineyards Ltd
Uploaded: 17 February 2021
Closes: 17 March 2021
Brightwater Vineyards in Nelson NZ is seeking an experienced Cellar Hand or Assistant Winemaker for the 2021 vintage. We are an established family wine company with a well-earned reputation for producing premium wines.
Looking at approximately 100T crush Pinot Noir, Chardonnay and aromatics. This is a diverse and busy hands-on role starting early-March to late-April, dependent on harvest conditions.
Working in a small team, you will have the chance to use your experience and also learn while working in all aspects of the winemaking process, including occasional vineyard work.
- Minimum 2 harvests experience (Essential)
- Team player with 'Can Do' attitude and strong attention to detail
- A thorough understanding of winery processes
- A good level of physical fitness, as heavy lifting is involved
- Ability to work the flexible hours that harvest brings
- Forklift and basic Lab skills very welcome
- Safety conscious with a good sense of humour
Please Note due to covid-19 we will only be accepting applications from within NZ with the appropriate work visas.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Nelson wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.