Company: Harris Lord Recruitment
Uploaded: 05 February 2021
Closes: 28 February 2021
Winemaker (Maternity Cover)
Location: South East England
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to step into a highly responsible winemaking role with a leading wine institution. Our client has produced internationally award-winning wines and sets a high benchmark for the industry.
The successful candidate will provide a comprehensive range of winemaking services contributing to the effective running of the winery including managing key reporting processes. You will be responsible for achieving the quality objectives of winery operations, taking ownership of relevant tasks, systems and procedures.
Duties to include but not limited to:
- provide a comprehensive range of winemaking services contributing to the effective running of the winery
- managing designated reporting processes taking ownership of relevant tasks, systems and procedures
- managing technical matters relating to market compliance (domestic and export) for all winery products and operations
- responsible for achieving the quality objectives of designated winery operations
- Managing and/or overseeing permanent and temporary staff as required.
This is a multi-faceted role that requires the individual to get involved in a wide range of tasks. The successful candidate will report to the Head Winemaker and work closely with the winery team.
You will need
This is a demanding role that requires a confident person, who is able to integrate quickly into a full and active production and be able to take the initiative. The successful candidate will have an oenology degree, winery experience and excellent attention to detail as well as outstanding communication abilities.
Essential requirements are:
- Able to work under own initiative
- Experience working in a winery production role
- Outstanding winemaking technical knowledge
- Strong knowledge of sparkling winemaking procedures
- Proven team leadership abilities
- Proven skills in making sensory analysis decisions in a commercial winery setting
- HACCP qualification (level 3 or above) or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to work under pressure and cope with conflicting priorities
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Experience with Vintrace would be advantageous
- Intermediate excel skills would be advantageous
Please send CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications to be received by: 28th Februrary 2021.
We regret that only successful applicants will be contacted regarding shortlist for interview.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the UK wine industry, visit the UK Vineyards Association website: www.ukva.org.uk