Vintage Assistant Winemaker
Company: Marisco Vineyards Ltd
Uploaded: 14 January 2021
Closes: 14 February 2021
Home of our favourite brands The Ned, Leefield Station, The Kings Series and Craft Series, Marisco Vineyards is located in the Waihopai Valley on the banks of the Waihopai River, Marlborough.
We are a progressive wine company committed to building brands and taking the unique Marlborough, New Zealand story of wine to the world.
With vineyards covering upwards of 750 Ha and two new generation wineries in the Waihopai Valley, we are looking for a Vintage Assistant Winemaker for the 2021 vintage.
Vintage Assistant Winemaker
We are currently recruiting a Vintage Assistant Winemaker to join our winemaking team for Harvest 2021 at our Waihopai River Winery on a fixed-term contract for 6-8 weeks vintage dependant.
The key responsibilities for this role will be:
- Working closely with the Cellar Supervisor, oversee and implement the nightshift intake and winemaking plan as directed by the winemaking team
- Assist in planning and managing cellar operations
- Write and update cellar notes
- Fermentation monitoring
- Running basic laboratory analysis
- Ensuring a smooth transition between shifts
- To be able to work within the company’s Health & Safety environment
- Ability to legally work in New Zealand and to start mid-February
- 4 + vintages as an Assistant Winemaker or Cellar Supervisor in a medium-large sized winery
- Vintrace experience advantageous
- Intricate knowledge of all cellar operations with batch floatation experience being a bonus
- Proven people and time management skills with a strong focus on communication
- Passion for producing high-quality wines
What you will receive from us:
- Daily shift meals (when working 12hr shifts)
- Full in-house training on all systems and vintage SOPs
- Skill-building opportunities
- A safe and supportive work environment
You will become part of a strong team that consistently delivers a high level of results and displays the necessary attributes to ensure success. Most of all, the successful applicant must enjoy life and be ready to join a fun, dynamic team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.