Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 13 January 2021
Closes: 13 February 2021
· Multi Award-Winning Business
· Iconic New Zealand Brand
· Diverse Viticultural Opportunity
The Giesen Group is a family owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage, where they export premium quality wine across the world.
We are looking for a capable Machinery Operator to join our Marlborough-based team to perform all mechanical operations required to maintain the company vineyards to a high standard. This roll will include machinery operations within the vineyard as well as hands-on tasks, as required.
The Giesen vineyards are spread throughout Marlborough’s Wairau Valley and include a mix of high density and commercial organic vineyards.
Key accountabilities of the role include:
- The ability to perform all vineyard machinery-based operations to ensure the vineyards are maintained to a high standard.
- Perform any hand tasks as required.
- Completing all daily maintenance tasks of any machinery being operated in line with standard operating procedures.
- Work alongside and supervise contract labour from time to time.
- Safe Agrichemical Handling and Application to ensure effective pest and disease management.
- Be flexible with hours within agreed parameters.
- Adhering to companies Health and Safety policies.
A current Grow Safe and Approved Handler Certificate would be an advantage to securing this role.
As this role is part of a small, dedicated team it is important you have the ability to maintain strong and effective working relationship with all colleagues.
This is an excellent career opportunity for a dynamic individual to apply and advance their technical and practical knowledge within the viticulture industry.
If this sounds like you, please apply with CV and cover letter.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.