Vintage Winemaking Assistant, Marlborough Winery
Company: Delegat Limited
Uploaded: 24 December 2020
Closes: 24 January 2021
We are seeking a Vintage Winemaking Assistant to join our dedicated and passionate winemaking team for vintage 2021.
Reporting to the Marlborough Winery Operations Manager, responsibilities will include assisting the winemaking team to:
- Prepare, plan and manage vintage activities
- Deliver agreed wine styles through adherence to winemaking specifications
- Plan and execute fermentation, clarification and cooperage operations
- Write, co-pilot, prioritise and distribute cellar operation worksheets
- Monitor and support all operations to ensure all are executed on time and to a high-quality standard
Employment would commence late February 2021 through to late April 2021, with peak work patterns consisting of 12 hours per day, six to seven days per week, with regular days off provided.
- You are an experienced Assistant Winemaker, Cellar Supervisor or Laboratory Technician with a tertiary qualification in oenology
- You have at least 4 vintages experience in a large-scale winery
- You have strong attention to detail and strong interpersonal skills
- You have a self-starting attitude with the energy, motivation, and stamina required to be effective in a dynamic and demanding environment
We support our vintage team by providing competitive pay rates, thorough in-house training, daily transport to and from the winery, personal protective equipment, and vintage meals. Support to source accommodation can also be provided if required.
Delegat has earned a reputation as one of New Zealand's leading winemakers achieving global success with its Oyster Bay brand. We focus exclusively on making the world's most sought-after Super-Premium wines and have invested in modern technology and facilities. Delegat Marlborough winery is a large and modern facility with a 35,000-tonne capacity and focuses primarily on the Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, and Pinot Noir varieties which are all harvested locally.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then click on the ‘apply’ button! This will take you to our application page where you will need to follow the prompts.
For further information please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.