Casual Winery Assistant
Company: Plant and Food Research Marlborough
Uploaded: 22 December 2020
Closes: 22 January 2021
The role encompasses a wide range of winery procedures including small-scale fruit processing, fermentation monitoring, and general winemaking duties.
Winemaking experience is preferred, including knowledge in fruit processing, fermentation, and general winemaking processes.
We need someone:
- who is adaptable, flexible and able to work effectively in a busy environment during peak seasonal demands with frequently changing tasks and priorities.
- with an ability to work independently to achieve established goals, under broad supervision with a high level of initiative, accuracy, and reliability.
- who has well-developed communication skills and the ability to work with a diverse range of people in a team environment, and an organised and methodical approach to tasks with a commitment to accurate data collection and record-keeping.
- who has relevant computing skills, including word processing and spreadsheets.
- Is able to operate within recognised safety and ethical standards to ensure personal and team safety.
In return, we can offer a great team environment in a dynamic science and research organisation. Hours of work will vary with some weekend work.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.