Vintage Assistant Winemaker
Marlborough and Hawkes Bay
Company: Indevin Ltd
Uploaded: 21 December 2020
Closes: 21 January 2021
Can you help with our 2021 Vintage in Hawke’s Bay or Marlborough! We’re looking for a number of team members to help us during our busiest period, so we can keep making delicious wine for NZ and the world.
We might be a leader in the New Zealand Wine Industry, but that’s not what makes us who we are. Our people are our winning formula; the secret sauce; the kiwifruit to our pavlova (yum). From our vineyard and winery teams, who work together to make sure our wine is outstanding; to our sales and admin teams, who keep everything running behind the scenes - our people are who we are.
Find out more about us on our website: www.indevin.com
Vintage 2021 - Dates & Shift Details
Vintage is our busiest time of the year! We work hard to get all the grapes in and processed into wine so we can get it out the door to NZ and international shelves.
Typically, our vintages run from:
- Hawke’s Bay: February through to late-March
- Marlborough: Mid-February to late-April/early-May
Because of the nature of our business, our vintage dates might change slightly, but we will always keep you up-to-date with the latest information as we get it.
You’ll have studied, or be currently studying, a winemaking or science-related qualification. Ideally you will also bring experience from a previous Winemaking role, but honestly, as long as you have some knowledge and a passion for winemaking, we can train you with all the skills you need!
In this fast-paced role, you’ll be working closely with our Winemakers, so you’ll get tons of one-on-one experience and on-the-job insight into what it’s really like. You’ll need excellent time management and communication skills, as well as the ability to work well in a team - we have A LOT of wine to process.
Though we are looking for short-term staff, our standards are so high that there is some opportunity for high-achieving vintage crew to eventually join our permanent crew - we can’t let great staff go!
In exchange for your hard work and dedication we are offering:
- competitive remuneration package;
- delicious food cooked daily during vintage by our on-site vintage chef;
- initial training and on-the-job experience;
- assistance with accommodation, including recommendations;
- experience with award-winning wine;
- opportunity to get experience that can take you any where in the wine industry (and beyond).
All successful applicants will be required to undergo and pass a Pre-employment Drug and Alcohol test in accordance with the Indevin Drug and Alcohol Policy.
To apply, please email your CV and indicate the position you are applying for, and location if you have a preference. Applications can be sent to email@example.com
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- For information about the Hawkes Bay wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.