Company: Whitehaven Wine Company
Uploaded: 20 November 2020
Closes: 07 December 2020
Whitehaven Wine Company is a leading New Zealand family-owned wine company producing an award-winning collection of 100% Marlborough wines with an uncompromising focus on quality. Our broad portfolio of wines is sustainably produced from accredited sustainable vineyards, at our own winery, where we are committed to improving all aspects of our social and environmental integrity under the company values of Respect, Innovation and Collaboration.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our close-knit and passionate winery team.
Working in a team environment with other Cellar Hands, and closely with the winemakers, this is a permanent, hands-on role, involved in all aspects of day-to-day cellar operations and wine production in our 8,500T winery.
While onsite training will be provided, preference will be shown to those with a sound knowledge of most winery operations and equipment. Experience operating Side Bag presses and Rotary Drum Vacuum filters will be advantageous.
Extra hours in the form of shift work will be required over the vintage period.
Ideally, you will have:
- An interest in wine!
- A team player attitude and a good sense of humour
- Strong communication skills
- Attention to detail
- A good level of fitness
- Previous experience in similar roles
Key responsibilities within this role include:
- Day-to-day Cellar operations
- Ensuring cellar hygiene practices are maintained
- Identifying and helping to solve issues as they arise
- Helping to improve winery equipment and efficiencies
- Ensuring H&S procedures are demonstrated/maintained and improved
As this a permanent position, only people eligible to work in New Zealand should apply.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.