Company: Marlborough Vintners
Uploaded: 19 November 2020
Closes: 04 December 2020
About the business
Marlborough Vintners is a well-established wine processing company recognised for providing exceptional winemaking services for clients big and small. The company also produces their own branded wines.
Located in the heart of Marlborough's wine region, this successful and growing 15,000 tonne winery has a rare opportunity for a first-class winemaker to join their talented team over vintage.
About the role
Marlborough Vintners are looking for a fixed-term, full-time Winemaker to work with the winery team to ensure efficient production of high-quality wines for their valued clients. This is a multi-faceted winemaking role that offers the opportunity to apply your winemaking skills alongside your relationship management and winery operations capabilities.
This fixed-term role will start at the beginning of February 2021 and finish at the end of July 2021. During vintage, it will be expected that this role will work 12 hour shifts during the day.
Skills and experience
You will be an experienced Winemaker with a keen interest in wine and winemaking and with an appropriate qualification, such as a degree in Oenology. You will have a thorough practical knowledge of the operation of a large sized winery and be capable of contributing to our production team.
Additionally, you will bring strong communication skills and be a natural problem solver. An organised team player, you know what it takes to get the job done.
If you are seeking a new opportunity, please apply now. All applicants should be New Zealand resident and hold a full driver's licence.
Confidential enquiries are welcome by contacting Kirsty Trolove at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 4th December 2020.
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in New Zealand?
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.