Production and Procurement Manager
Christchurch or Blenheim
Company: Giesen Group
Uploaded: 16 November 2020
Closes: 16 December 2020
- Want to work with an Iconic New Zealand Brand and a multi award-winning business?
- Key leadership role within a highly effective Marlborough team
- Marlborough-based position
About the business
The Giesen Group is a family-owned and operated producer of internationally-recognised premium New Zealand wine and beer. Established in 1981, the Giesen Brothers are seen as one of the pioneers of the New Zealand wine industry, and leaders in producing Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. The Company has grown into a strong brand both domestically and also on the international stage where they export premium quality wine across the world.
About the role
Reporting to the Operations Business Improvement Manager, the Production and Procurement Manager is a strategically important role within Giesen Group. The role is responsible for leading the Production and Supply Chain at Giesen Group by coordinating the overall planning, purchasing, packaging, bottling and storage of our wines, whilst ensuring we meet our high standards.
Specific areas of responsibility will include; working collaboratively with our Sales, Winery and Supply chain & Logistics teams to achieve the best Stock on Hand (SOH) position, managing the Production process ensuring that all steps and processes required are completed to meet all forecast and SOH requirements, and building key relationships with service providers to ensure cost and service level expectations are met.
It goes without saying, creating a culture of innovation and exceptional service delivery will be essential to success in this role.
You will also have:
- Three years’ experience working in an operations role
- A strong ability to logically organise, priorities and make critical decisions
- Planning and forecasting knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of JIT and supplier management
- Leadership skills and excellent communication skills at all levels
- Computer proficiency for Microsoft Office and ERP systems, Business Central knowledge would be advantageous
This role will take full advantage of your excellent organisational and communication skills with the ability to build great relationships at all levels, both internally and externally. While needing a high level of “know-how”, drive and initiative, you will also have that balance of people leadership skills combined with a pragmatic approach. In return you’ll get to exercise autonomy and creativity in a rewarding environment.
If you are ready to join us on our exciting journey, we would love to hear from you today! To apply please send your CV through, via the button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here