Company: Greystone Wines
Uploaded: 13 November 2020
Closes: 13 December 2020
Greystone is an innovative, certified-organic, family-owned wine company based in North Canterbury. We are currently looking for an exceptional Vineyard Manager to join our small, quality-focused team, managing 50ha of vineyard across our 180ha farm. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for that next step up in their viticulture career.
This permanent role is full-time, 40 hours a week. We are looking for someone with flexibility, with the possibility of more than 40 hours based on seasonal demand. You will report directly to the company viticulturist and strive for quality and efficiency at all times.
This is a hands-on role. Working alongside the company viticulturist your input is expected on all vineyard decisions. Your role will include contract labour co-ordination, machinery operations co-ordination, yield estimation, hand-harvest co-ordination, canopy spraying and undervine management, irrigation scheduling and maintenance, frost system management and operation. You will be able to safely and efficiently operate and maintain all vineyard machinery and implements.
Applicants will have a full, clean drivers licence, ideally with a W and F endorsement, as well as chemical handling training including current Growsafe, however training can be provided. Applicants will have strong communication, organisational and time management skills.
Applicants will have:
- A strong work ethic, be a team player and have a positive, can-do attitude.
- A passion for organics and regenerative farming.
- A commitment to health and safety in the workplace.
- The ability to work as part of a team, as well as operating independently.
- A practical nature with strong common-sense skills.
- A focus on accuracy and efficiency and being adaptable to change.
- A good level of physical fitness, health and excellent vision.
Candidates must be eligible to work full-time in New Zealand and submit an application no later than the 29th of November 2020, including a CV and Cover Letter, via the button above.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the Canterbury / Waipara wine region, click here