Company: Allan Scott Family Winemakers
Uploaded: 12 November 2020
Closes: 15 December 2020
Located in Blenheim, Allan Scott Family Winemakers is one of New Zealand’s iconic wine brands which is 100% privately-owned and operated by the Scott family. We operate our own vineyards in both Marlborough and Central Otago, a 3,000ton winery, a restaurant and cellar door and company-owned warehouses. Innovation and a passion for delivering quality wine products that are affordable by a wide audience, is our passion.
We are currently seeking the Vintage supervisors, experience and entry level Cellar Hands to join our dedicated winery team as for the 2021 vintage. This is a fantastic opportunity to make your mark within the industry. We are offering competitive rates, training where required, and a fun team atmosphere.
We are looking for people with:
- Strong initiative and the ability to self-motivate
- The ability to multitask
- Good communication skills
- A positive attitude and a great sense of humour
Some winery or vintage experience would be an advantage, however a hard-working attitude and willingness to learn will be considered. Our vintage roles are full-time, fixed-term positions usually running from early-March to May, depending on winery requirements, there are also some positions available from early January. During the peak of harvest our vintage staff work a 6-day week on 12-hour shifts. There will also be some post-vintage roles available for up to 2 months to assist with post-vintage activities, including blending and cleaning.
Please note these positions are only available for NZ Citizens, residence and people currently living in NZ.
This position will be fully supported by Allan Scott Family Winemakers. Please enquire at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.