Vintage Cellar Staff Required
Company: Seifried Estate
Uploaded: 11 November 2020
Closes: 11 December 2020
Vineyard and Cellar Staff – Vintage 2021
Seifried Estate is a medium-sized, family-owned Nelson winery. We have 10 vineyards around the beautiful Nelson region totalling about 350 Ha. We are passionate about great wines and our recent award success is testament to this - why not come learn with us?
We are currently looking for Vineyard and Cellar Staff for the 2021 Vintage. These roles involve working in all areas of our vineyards and winery: including fruit receival, pressing, barrel work, racking, yeast propagation, red and white ferment management and cleaning. Pre-harvest, you will work in the vineyards and on our bottling line. Some lab work may be available.
Harvest typically runs from early-March until late-April. We are flexible with start and finish dates, with the possibility of work starting in January for the right applicant. During the harvest we encourage rotation of jobs around the cellar so you are able to learn and experience as much as possible.
The successful applicant will:
- be energetic and willing to learn
- be physically fit
- show pride in their work
- be able to work under pressure
- be able to work 6 days on, 1 day off, for a period of up to 4 weeks.
Previous experience in the wine industry is not essential, however previous experience in a food manufacturing or beverage industry would be helpful.
We have onsite accommodation available to successful applicants.
Please email your details, with CV (including referees and phone numbers) to us, as soon as possible.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For more information about the Nelson wine region, click here
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.