Cellar Door Manager
Company: Matakana Wines Ltd
Uploaded: 05 November 2020
Closes: 05 December 2020
Matakana Estate is one of the oldest and largest wineries in Matakana (1 hour north of Auckland). We have a great team of hospitality professionals and need you to join our team. This is a stunning place to work for someone who loves country life, is customer-focused, and has an interest in wine.
The Cellar Door Manager’s primary responsibilities are to ensure that the operations of the Cellar Door operate safely, seamlessly and maintain outstanding customer service. The Cellar Door Manager must have a hands-on approach and keen eyes to the operation. As a brand ambassador of the company, they will set the standards of professionalism, perform their duties in accordance with company values. Other duties will include developing and maintaining vendors and community relationships, nurturing customers in their buyer’s journey and training and management of staff members.
Essential Tasks and Duties:
- Conducts wine tasting in cellar door, Matakana Estate, will be a requirement to work independently as the sole-charge manager at the cellar door.
- Assists with all major wine events to include attending off site wine functions and events at Matakana Estate.
- Takes full responsibility and oversight on the functional operations of the cellar door. Always maintain organised and clean standard.
- Responsible for interviewing, selecting, hiring, training, supervising, and managing all cellar door personnel.
- Provides appropriate Health and Safety and Host Responsibility training.
- Schedules all staff working hours and does so in accordance with budget and business requirements.
- Responsible for packing and dispatching of outgoing wine orders relating to phone, online and cellar door sales.
- Maintain accuracy of all customer service records, including cash and credit card transactions, visitor counts and demographics, feedback surveys and other metrics as required to collect visitor data.
- Attain and maintain visitation goals of customers and take steps into engaging visitors and convert them into customers.
- Assists in printing and placement of marketing materials, signage, and display items
- Responsible for stocktaking of goods sold via cellar door, includes conducting monthly inventory counts.
- Liaise with the Sales and Marketing team on all wine promotional matters and cellar door activities.
- Retain existing customers through customer engagement, consistent follow-up and outstanding customer service, resulting in increased sales and frequent visitation.
- Prepares annual budgets for Cellar Door and monitor and report sales to management.
- Trains and motivates cellar door staff to always provide outstanding customer services and meet sales target.
- Preparation of all working manuals for staff training for cellar door staff, develop and implement the departmental Standard Operating Procedure to achieve a consistent level of service.
- Preparing key metrics, monitoring, and reporting against, assist in planning and execution of new projects, including staffing and management where required.
- Takes the lead in dealing with suppliers and vendors for replenishment of cellar door goods, product and service equipment and tools.
- Co-ordinates and works with Admin Office and vendors on all repairs, electrical, plumbing and maintenance work required to keep the cellar door operating to a high standard.
- Co-ordinates with appointed caterers to ensure that fresh produce is delivered and prepared in the most hygienic manner, for all foods served in the cellar door.
- Represents Matakana Estate as a proud brand ambassador, seeks opportunities to establish our brand in prominent media and wine awards. Takes charge in applications for Matakana Estate wines to be entered into Wine tasting Competitions in accordance with discussions with the sales and marketing team.
- Minimum four years’ experience in a retail or hospitality environment.
- Sales driven attitude.
- Passion for wines with supporting knowledge of wines.
- Proficient in the use of a POS system.
- High level of computer literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Advanced writing skills and clear communication is a must.
- Strong interpersonal customer service and problem-solving skills. Must have the ability to work well with a wide range of personalities and various communication styles.
- A team player, able to multi-task and work under pressure. Time-management and organisational skills are mandatory with attention to detail.
- Valid Bar manager Certificate.
- F License Endorsement (Forklift) would be valued.
- Able to spend extended periods of time standing, bending, reaching, walking with periodic bending, twisting and lifting of heavy items such as cases of wine.
- The role is mainly winery-based, but may require travel for sales and events.
- Flexibility in working hours is required; working days and hours will include weekends, public holidays and evenings. Mandatory, must work Saturdays. Minimum hours 35 hours, with additional hours required during special events or upon request.
To apply, please send your CV with a cover letter expressing what appeals to you about this position and why you think you would be a good fit. Thank you.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For more information about the greater Auckland wine regions, click here