Cellar Door Host - Marlborough
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 04 November 2020
Closes: 04 December 2020
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
The summer season is coming!
Summer brings much excitement and liveliness to the Cellar Door at Cloudy Bay. The season is filled with events, outdoor service and sees a significant increase in visitors.
As we approach this season, we’re looking for enthusiastic new cellar door staff who can bring their flair for hospitality to craft a memorable Cloudy Bay experience for our guests. Our Cellar Door and summer garden restaurant are open seven days, so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours including weekends and public holidays from November through to April. Some shorter contracts will also be available.
Bring your wine and food service knowledge and top-standard customer service ability to create engaging wine tasting and food experiences for our guests. In this role you will receive a comprehensive inclusion, including an in-depth training on our wine range, our brand DNA and customer service, which will allow you to transform a positive customer experience into wine sales and brand loyalty.
You will be responsible for:
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all Cloudy Bay visitors
- Hosting a range of tastings at the Cellar Door, as well as our group tastings
- Performing food service at the Jack’s Raw Bar
- Processing sales of wine, food produce and merchandise through the retail area
- Engaging with customers and demonstrating your intimate knowledge of the Cloudy Bay wines
- Being able to host different types of publics and nationalities
- Making sure the Cellar Door and Jack’s Raw Bar are in an impeccable state at all times
- Achieving smaller projects to support the Hospitality Team
- Assisting the team with the set up and delivery of large group tastings, as well as daily tasks including cleaning and restocking
- Supporting private experiences and VIP events by assisting with set up, wine pouring, food service etc.
- Being aware of the health and safety procedures and maintain a safe working environment
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Significant experience in hospitality, ideally in a tasting room and a restaurant environment
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- Prior knowledge of best practice in service of food/wine
- A passion for customer service and creating engaging experiences with customers
- Comfortable at multi-tasking, well-organized under pressure
- A high standard of personal presentation with a friendly and genuine attitude
- High energy and a positive, pro-active approach with an attention to detail
- A computer proficiency
- English essential, additional language is a plus
If you are interested to apply, please visit:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.