Vineyard Operator - Central Otago
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 04 November 2020
Closes: 04 December 2020
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines which express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards is looking for a Vineyard Operator to join the Marlborough team. This opportunity will allow you to be part of a sophisticated brand and work outdoors in a friendly work environment. As part of the team, you’ll develop your skills further with good training, task diversity and uphold our culture of quality and safety. As a Vineyard Operator, you will have a hands-on role helping to produce the highest quality wines.
The position will require you to undertake tasks such as:
- tractor operations such as vine and weed spraying, canopy trimming, leaf plucking, mowing, mulching, cultivating, gondola driving
- canopy management, trellis maintenance, pruning and vine training
- irrigation management; service and maintenance of system
- supervision of contract vineyard labour and company casual vineyard staff, when required
- contributing to the quality and safety culture of Cloudy Bay
In order to be successful in this role, you will need:
- Experience in vineyard or other operational agricultural enterprise
- A sound understanding of, or desire, to learn viticultural principles and practices
- Desire to work in a mechanical and groundwork-based role
- Flexibility, sound communication skills, a willingness to learn and be part of a strong and cohesive team
- Strong knowledge of safety conduct and procedures
- Class 1 valid driver’s license Desirable: Class 2, 4, W, F license. HASNO, Growsafe, Approved Handler certification
If you are interested, please visit:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.