Front of House - Central Otago - Summer 2021
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 04 November 2020
Closes: 04 December 2020
Established in New Zealand since 1985 and as part of the LVMH Moet Hennessy - Louis Vuitton luxury group, The Cloudy Bay Shed is our Cellar Door in Cromwell, Central Otago. The region is home to the premium TE WAHI, our Central Otago Pinot Noir.
We are currently seeking outgoing individuals with a positive and professional attitude, able to provide an unforgettable experience to our international customers.
As the Cloudy Bay Shed will go through its third summer season, we are looking for a self-driven and very enthusiastic Front of House team member.
This position requires passion for excellence in hospitality and customer service. Proactivity and integrity are mandatory as the Customer Experience Manager must be able to rely on you for the daily operations of the Front of house aspect of our Jacks Raw Bar offering.
Successful applicants will need to be available to work from Wednesday to Sunday, including public holidays, from November until April. Some flexibility is required.
You will be responsible for:
- Being an ambassador of the brand by hosting all visitors and sharing knowledge related to the brand DNA and its wines
- Delivering an outstanding level of service and experience
- Ensuring day-to-day customer service: inside and outside areas setting up, order placing with use of the Point of Sale System, safe handling of all transactions, some food preparation, wine and food service and cleaning up, wine and merchandise sales and stock monitoring, end-of-day tidying and cleaning up, wine sales
- Encouraging visitor loyalty through the promotion of the TE WAHI merchandising and the wine club
- Being proactive to improve the workplace efficiency by working closely with other team members
- Being able to host different types of groups and nationalities
- Keeping areas clean and tidy at all times; including indoor, outdoor and kitchen areas
- Being aware of the health and safety procedures and maintaining a safe working environment.
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- A passion for excellent Customer Service - friendly and focused on continually exceeding customer expectations
- A sales orientation - able to convert positive experiences into sales of Cloudy Bay wines, food and merchandise
- Experience working in a fast-paced and high-end environment, sole charge of front of house operations a bonus
- Excellent communication skills
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- A ‘Can do’ attitude with a very good eye for detail
- A good understanding of wine making and viticulture practices
- You will be physically fit, as the job involves standing and lifting
- A computer proficiency
- A duty Manager qualification would be highly appreciated, but not mandatory
- English essential, additional language is a plus
The role is required from November 2020 until April 2021.
You will be given a competitive rate, training and on-the-job support to establish you as a successful member of our fun, focused and collaborative team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.