Vintage Cellar Hands - 2021
Company: Yealands Wine Group
Uploaded: 04 November 2020
Closes: 04 February 2021
In 2008, a wild and rugged stretch of coastline on the north-eastern tip of New Zealand’s South Island became home to one of the most sustainable wineries in the world.
In just 12 years, Yealands has grown to be one of NZ’s most recognised wine labels with an award-winning reputation.
Yealands is currently looking for hard working Cellar Hands who are as excited about exceptionally produced sustainable wines as we are.
We are looking for people with:
- Fantastic communication skills
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Strong initiative and self-motivation
- The ability to multitask
- The attributes of a team player with a good sense of humour (and the ability to put up with ours!)
Previous winery experience is preferred, however as long as you display the above attributes, we would love to hear from you!
The successful applicants would be expected to start in early March 2021, for a period of 6-8 weeks. During the peak harvest period 12-hour shifts, six days a week can be expected.
Non NZ citizens/residents will need to have a valid NZ Work Visa.
As well as a stunning place to work, we’ll provide:
- Competitive pay
- Subsidised Accommodation
- A meal if you are working a 12-hour shift
- Night shift allowance
- Transport to and from the winery
- A fun, friendly environment
If this sounds like you, and you're keen to get involved in NZ's fantastic wine industry, then don't delay, get in touch - we can’t wait to have you for vintage 2021!
Please note, all successful applicants will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.