Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 04 November 2020
Closes: 04 December 2020
The Cloudy Bay Shed is our Cellar Door situated in our Northburn Vineyard, just outside of Cromwell. For the second edition, we are looking for an enthusiastic Kitchen Assistant who is willing to contribute to the reputation and experiences of The Cloudy Bay Shed.
Our food offering will be different throughout Summer and we require assistance. We are open seven days a week for lunch from Summertime, so successful applicants will need to be available to work flexible hours (daytime), including weekends and public holidays from December through to end of February, if not longer.
You will receive a full training on the small menu to deliver an outstanding food and wine experience to our guests.
Reporting to the Customer Experiences Manager, the kitchen assistant will be responsible for:
- Maintaining a consistently high-quality food service and presentation
- Food preparation from our Cellar door menu
- Delivering exceptional customer service to all visitors of Cloudy Bay through excellent time management and quality presentation
- Managing the daily food stock take, products shelf life and ordering
- Monitoring the Food Control Plan
- Regularly communicating with the Customer Experiences Manager regarding daily operations, special events and improvements suggestions
- Ensuring that the front and the back kitchen is maintained in a clean and tidy state
To succeed in this position, you will have:
- Experience in a busy kitchen great food making techniques and practices
- An enthusiastic and team-oriented mindset
- Willingness to learn new techniques
- A high standard of personal presentation with a friendly and genuine attitude
- High energy and a positive, pro-active approach with an attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and communication skills aligned with Cloudy Bay brand's standard
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Adaptable and flexible for rosters working arrangements
- Physical aptitudes: standing on feet all day, manipulating and shucking seafood, shellfish and oysters, lifting trays of dishes
- Ability and experience in a sole charge environment
You will be given a competitive rate, training on the job and support to establish you as a successful member of our fun, focused and collaborative team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Central Otago wine Region, click here.