Cellar Hand - Cloudy Bay Vineyards - Vintage 2021
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 27 October 2020
Closes: 27 November 2020
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating wines that express our regional and national character, through the Cloudy Bay lens.
The Vintage Season is coming!
Around late-February 2021, we will begin our harvest season in Marlborough and have a number of positions available for experienced and passionate Cellar Hands. We offer an engaging season with a comprehensive induction and applied technical training in a modern winemaking environment. You will gain comprehensive world-standard experience and widen your network of winemaking friends.
The Cellar Hand role
During the harvest period, you may work shifts up to 12 hours in length, up to 6/7 days per week. You will receive a competitive rate, regular breaks, training and a catered meal for shifts of more than 10 hours.
You will use your outstanding work ethic to perform diverse responsibilities across:
- Grape receival, processing and pressing
- Racking and tank transfers
- Red and white fermentation management
- Barrel management
In order for your application to be considered, you must have:
- Previous vintage season experience as a Cellar Hand (1-3 past vintages) performing grape receiving, racking, transfer and barrel work
- The ability to lawfully work in New Zealand or obtain the right to lawfully work in New Zealand
- Solid English language skills
- Refined and efficient work style and enthusiastic attitude
- Resilience and a good sense of humor
- Previous forklift, confined space and health & safety training is desirable
If you are interested to apply, please visit:
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.