Health & Safety Manager
Company: Yealands Wine Group
Uploaded: 15 October 2020
Closes: 30 October 2020
In 2008, a wild and rugged stretch of coastline on the north-eastern tip of New Zealand’s South Island became home to one of the most sustainable wineries in the world.
In just 12 years, Yealands has grown to be one of NZ’s most recognised wine labels with an award winning reputation.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Health & Safety Manager to join our team to champion health, safety and wellbeing across the organisation.
We are looking for someone who will provide a proactive approach to health & safety across the business, identifying and implementing plans and strategies to address issues, ensure compliance and to minimize risk.
Reporting to the QSSE Manager, your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the way in achieving our objective of 0 LTI’s
- Advising and implementing legislative changes and practice guidelines in line with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015
- Providing leadership across the business by enabling a health and safety culture
- Supporting and driving health and safety departmental sub-committees
- Coordinating companywide health and safety training initiatives
- Monitoring health and safety statistics and reporting across the business, including providing reports to The Board
- Leading and assisting external audits
- Maintaining and improving incident, accident and near-miss reporting
- Managing rehabilitation and return to work programmes
As you will be responsible for health and safety across all NZ operations as well as acting as providing support to our global staff, prior experience in a Health & Safety Manager role is a must.
Are you the right person for us?
- Attitude is important - being a positive, team player, with a sense of humour
- You will have a keen interest in sustainability and the wine industry
- You will have excellent time management and organisational skills, with the ability to work to multiple deadlines
- With strong initiative, you will be self-motivated and work well under pressure
- You must have the ability to work flexible hours and hold a current NZ Driver Licence
What’s in it for you?
- A professional team with strong ethics
- A great location - with an office based in our Seaview Winery
- Competitive salary and wine allowance
- Health insurance
- A day off on your birthday!
- 2 weeks company paid parental leave
If this sounds like you, then apply now by submitting your CV & Cover Letter, or for a confidential discussion contact Katrina Jones, QSSE Manager on 021 223 2744.
Please note, the successful applicant will be required to undergo a pre-employment drug & alcohol test.
Applications close 30 October 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.