Vintage Cellar Hand
Company: Johnson Estate Limited t/a Spy Valley Wines
Uploaded: 08 October 2020
Closes: 08 November 2020
Seek Spy, find why. A family-owned winery that has been inspiring the world of wine since 2000.
Comprising six varieties of grapes over 180 hectares of estate vineyards, Spy Valley operates a modern, fully-integrated viticulture, winemaking, and bottling facility. Continually striving for excellence, our people are part of our family, bringing passion and heart to Spy HQ.
We are currently seeking to recruit experienced cellar staff for Vintage 2021. You will need to have a hands-on approach and be reasonably fit.
The role will involve all cellar duties as directed by the Winery Manager and Winemakers. The successful applicants would be expected to understand and follow health and safety and quality system protocols.
All positions are for a fixed-term of six to eight weeks, during March and April 2021.
- Experience of at least two to three vintages
- Confined Space Entry training
- Forklift licence
- Must be legally able to enter and work in New Zealand
Spy Valley offers attractive working conditions within a dynamic and dedicated team.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about working in New Zealand, visit the Immigration Department website: www.immigration.govt.nz
- For information about New Zealand's Inland Revenue Department (for tax purposes and getting tax numbers etc), visit www.ird.govt.nz
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.
- Jobseekers should be aware that the start and finish dates of harvest work employment may change from those suggested by wineries at the time of your job offer. Vintage dates can not accurately be predicted.
It is therefore important that you understand that depending on your employment arrangements with the employer there may be a period of time where you have no work or less work than you were expecting, and should have sufficient financial arrangements in place should this occur. Your actual start and finish dates may vary - if you have queries around this, check with your winery employer before booking airline tickets etc.