Company: Yealands Wine Group Ltd
Uploaded: 02 October 2020
Closes: 23 October 2020
In 2008, a wild and rugged stretch of coastline on the north-eastern tip of New Zealand’s South Island became home to one of the most sustainable wineries in the world. In just 12 years, Yealands has grown to be one of NZ’s most recognised wine labels with an award-winning reputation.
We are looking for a skilled Winemaker to join our team to help us to continue to deliver award-winning wines. Our Senior Winemaker is moving on, leaving a gap within our team. Depending on experience, this role can be scoped from Production Winemaker through to a more senior role. We are small, tight knit team, so personality and fit is crucial. Reporting directly to the Chief Winemaker, you will be an integral part of the team seeing our wines through from grape to bottle.
You will be responsible for:
- Planning daily workflows
- Dispatch and blend management
- Working closely with our Supply Chain Team and other Winemakers to ensure production timeframes are met
- Key in all blending and balancing decisions
- Ensuring maximum productivity, efficiency, accuracy and quality standards every step of the way
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have exceptional attention to detail, be highly organised and be a great communicator
- Have proven winemaking experience working in a medium-to-large winery environment
- Have a passion for wine and the Marlborough wine region
- Highly competent using winemaking software (we use Vintrace)
- Be agile with exceptional organisational and time management skills
- Be positive, friendly and a great team player
- Love to work in a fast-paced environment with many moving parts
- Show strong initiative and be self-motivated, working well under pressure
- Have the ability to work extended hours over the vintage period
Yealands is commitment to sustainability and we endeavour to work with like-minded people who will champion this throughout the organisation and wider community.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary, health insurance, dental plan and wine allowance
- A day off on your birthday!
- A great team, fun working environment
- A stunning location, like no other
This role is based at our stunning Winery Estate in Seddon. A progressive and ambitious workplace you will be inspired and enthusiastic about the winemaking process. If you thrive in a fun, vibrant, fast-paced environment, our winemaking team would love to meet you. If this sounds like you then get in touch now!
You can apply by sending your CV and cover letter through the “Apply Now” button.
Please note, successful applicants will be required to undergo a preemployment drug & alcohol test.
You must be legally entitled to work in NZ to apply for this role.
Applications close 23 October 2020.
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.