Production and Supply Chain Manager
Company: Cloudy Bay Vineyards
Uploaded: 02 October 2020
Closes: 30 October 2020
Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across 5 continents. Our vineyards are located on exceptional terroirs within their appellation and our wineries have all broken new ground by pioneering new or forgotten regions, or through innovative and distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Winery not only captures the essence of Marlborough, but also embodies New Zealand's unique luxury: the luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities. At Cloudy Bay, we are passionate about creating extraordinary wines that express our place, our heritage and our passion.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, we’re looking for a Production and Supply Chain Manager to lead the Production and Supply Chain team at Cloudy Bay Vineyards, by coordinating the overall planning, purchasing, bottling, packaging, storage & shipping of the Cloudy Bay wines while ensuring that Cloudy Bay maintains the high quality.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to share both your wine knowledge and your passion for operations planning and management. Thanks to your team leadership skills, you will support the production and logistic teams in continuously improving activities within the department.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Ensuring all wine and packaging quality targets are maintained by leading and developing the Bottling Line team in coordination with the winemaking team;
- Managing Production labor costs in line with expenditure budget;
- Leading and developing the Logistic team by managing the capacity, distribution and bottling plans and optimizing delivery performance;
- Managing staff, which includes developing and implementing training plans and managing the Annual Performance review, to ensure production and shipping target are met;
- Leading environmental and sustainability improvement initiatives and ensuring the teams engagement in developing a culture of sustainability;
- Managing Dry Goods procurement to budget and ensuring departments operational costs are in line with expenditure budget;
- Proactively lead and manage Health & Safety in the Production & Logistics teams.
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- Tertiary qualification or Bachelor’s degree in Management is desirable;
- Significant experience (at least five years) working in an operations role, preferably in a winery is required;
- Strong ability to pragmatically organize priorities and make critical decisions;
- A very energetic people leadership, with the ability to lead by;
- People-oriented mindset and team player skills;
- Ability to deal with conflicts, stress and challenging situations successfully;
- Excellent spoken English compulsory; good written English required;
- Computer proficiency on Microsoft programs and ERP systems and knowledge of SAP is a plus.
If you are interested to apply, please visit:
Applications close on the 30 October 2020
Only people eligible to work in this country should apply for this position. Please provide evidence of your work visa or citizenship.
- For information about the Marlborough wine region, click here.